Vocations Prayer Chalice
Praying for Vocations - Every Catholic's Responsibility
The St. Michael Vocaitons Prayer Chalice will be moving to the 7:30 a.m. Sunday morning Mass effective December 1, 2019. Each week at the 7:30 a.m. Sunday Mass, the celebrant will call a volunteer family, individual, or couple forward to receive a blessing and the chalice to take home and set in a place of honor.
Each day for a week, during prayer time, they commit to using the chalice as a focal point to pray for religious vocations, praying especially for those in our parish and family who the Holy Spirit is calling to the priesthood or religious life.
Prayer is the most powerful way to support vocations. When we pray for vocations, we lift up to our Father those men and women who he is calling in a very special way. It is our hope that the fruit of this ministry will raise up a culture at St. Michael that fervently prays for and supports vocations.
- Families, couples, and singles are encouraged to sign-up for a week of prayer.
- To sign up for a week contact Carla Hertel at the parish office at 765-647-5462 or via email at [email protected]. Please include your name, phone number and email address.
- Vocation prayer cards will be included with the chalice.
- You are encouraged to keep one of the prayer cards and continue to pray daily for religious vocations.
- You will receive a notice of your assigned week and a reminder the week before.
- During the 7:30 a.m. Mass, the weekly recipients will be called to the altar after communion to receive a blessing and the chalice.
- The recipients will take the chalice and green bag with prayer cards home and pray the vocation prayer daily and any other prayers they would like to add.
- They will return the chalice before the 7:30 a.m. Mass the following week and place it on the offertory gift table located in the back of the church.
- The chalice will be brought up with the offertory gifts during Mass and placed on the altar.